Effective: 9 November 2019
NordicSkiRacer.com is a web site that provides news and information about cross country skiing, ski trails, training, equipment reviews, and trail reports.
NordicSkiRacer.com collects and processes your name (optional) and email address (optional) when
you submit a trail report.
What information does NordicSkiRacer.com collect and how do we use it?
Skiers may post trail reports about their skiing experience. We ask for you name
(optional) and email address (optional) when you submit a trail report. Your name is collected so people reading your trail report know who submitted it. Email address is collected so that the web master can send an email to you asking for a clarification or to tell you that a new trail was added to the list of trails based on your trail report.
Emails addresses are not published on the web nor provided to any third parties.
Who has access to your data?
You data is not shared with others.
How long does NordicSkiRacer.com keep your data?
Your name is associated with your trail report forever. Your email address is deleted at the end of each Michigan ski season.
You have several privacy rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data within one month of a written request and free of charge;
- require us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require us to delete or stop processing your data;
- object to the processing of your data;
- ask us to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate, processing is found to be unlawful and you object to your data being deleted, your data is no longer needed for processing or there is a dispute around
the processing of your personal data.
- provide a copy of your data to you in an industry-standard format.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or
the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that
is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Here's are different kinds of cookies and whether NordicSkiRacer.com uses them:
- Analytical/performance cookies (Used). They
allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how
visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to
improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find
what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies (Used). These cookies record
your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have
followed. We will use this information to make our website and the
advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also
share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Strictly necessary cookies (Not used). These are
cookies that are required for the operation of some websites, but not
NordicSkiRacer.com. These cookies include,
for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of of
website, use a shopping cart or make use of the e-billing services.
- Functionality cookies (Not used). These are used
by some web sites to recognize you when you return to those websites. This enables
them to personalize their content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for
example, your choice of language or region).
NordicSkiRacer.com does not set any cookies, but we use a
third-parties who set cookies, and we do not control the operation of any of
them. The third-party cookies that may be set include:
- Google Analytics – we use Google Analytics to collect data about website
usage. This data does not include personally identifiable information. You
- Facebook Connect – we use Facebook to let you Like or
Share information. It also obtains information about the
activities that users engage in while visiting our web pages so it can show
the number of likes and who likes. For
- Google Adsense, Google Ads Measurement, and Doubleclick
allow us to display and track ads at the bottom of pages.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish—for details, see
aboutcookies.org. You can delete all
cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to
prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to
manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services
and functionalities may not work.
If you would like to exercise any privacy rights, or if you have any questions or issues, please contact